Direct School Admission (DSA) for Secondary One 2018
Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary) is a school with a family culture, anchored on Christian beliefs and values. We believe in providing a holistic education for all our students and stretching each one to their fullest potential. Besides a strong academic programme with value-added results for both our Express and Normal Streams, we also have a vibrant culture of Music, Arts and Sports. If you embrace these beliefs and values, we invite you to join our family.
The selection criteria are listed in the table below.
* Flute/Clarinet/Oboe/Saxophone/ Trumpet/French Horn/Euphonium/Tuba/ Percussion for Concert Band
* Singing/Voice for Choir
* Guitar for Guitar Ensemble
* Guzheng for Guzheng Ensemble
* Piano/Violin for Handbell Ensemble or Harp Ensemble or Concert Band
* Harp for Harp Ensemble
Grade 5 in Chinese Dance from an accredited body
Accomplishment at national level
Track and Field
Representation in zonal or national competitions or equivalent
Students should possess distinctive leadership
· Positive attitudes, e.g. persevering spirit, excellence mindset
· Passionate in one’s pursuit
· Confident communicators
· Ability to work in teams
Students who hold a leadership position in the Primary School such as School Prefect, CCA Leader or other leadership position in the school
Students to include leadership involvement (if any) in
other areas such as:
Active School Involvement
Students who are actively involved leading in school-wide events or events representing schools
- Click here to download the Application Form for Direct School Admission for Secondary One in 2017.
- Print the Application Form.
- Paste a recent passport-sized photo (black / white or colour)
- Submit your Application Form together with all relevant documents to the following address:
Direct School Admission Application
Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary)
296 Lorong Ah Soo
Or fax us at 6382 0558
Or email us at email email@example.com
- The Application Form and all supporting documents must reach us by 3 July 2017, 5 pm.
Documents to be attached with Application Form
- One copy of academic results slips from Primary 5 (Mid-Year and Year-end) and 6 (Mid-Year)
- Supporting evidence including relevant certifications, record of achievements and list of relevant experience
- One Testimonial (from your instructor / coach/ teacher related to your area of talent) Please include your instructor’s or coach’s contact details (e.g. telephone number and / or email address)
- Eligible applicants must sign up for auditions and trials online. Please click on this link to register for auditions and trials. The sign up portal will be open from 8 May 2017 to 3 July 2017.
- All selection auditions and trials will be held at Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School (Secondary) from 10 July to 28 July 2017.
- Eligible applicants who applied via talent area in leadership need not attend any auditions and trials, the school will contact the applicants for the interview.
- Only candidates who passed the auditions and trials will be invited back for an interview from 31 July to 4 August 2017.
After the Selection Process
- You will be informed of the outcome of your application through DSA by 31 August 2017. No appeal will be considered as the school’s decision on the offer is final.
- You will be given the School Preference Form by 30 October 2017. The deadline for submission of School Preference Form is 3 November 2017, 3 pm.
- The DSA-Sec Results will be released through Primary Schools together with PSLE results. MOE will place you in a secondary school based on your ranked choice and the availability of places. Candidates not studying in our mainstream schools can collect their DSA-Sec results from the MOE Customer Service Centre.
- For further enquiries, please call the General Office at 6281 6606.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Please click here for answers to the frequently asked questions.
- If you need more information about the Direct School Exercise, please click the following MOE link: http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissions/dsa-sec/